California elder abuse and nursing home advocacy group Elder Abuse Exposed.com launches new website and blog
Welcome to Elder Abuse Exposed.com’s brand-new website and blog! We want to thank all of our supporters who have been waiting patiently while we have been rebuilding our website. Although our new website is far from complete and will only continually improve with new information and features in the coming days and weeks, we want to launch our website today to help carry out our important mission.
Originally founded in 2004 and based in California, Elder Abuse Exposed.com is a public-interest advocacy and watchdog group for vulnerable elder abuse victims and nursing home residents who do not have the advantage of having powerful corporate lobbyists in the California State Capitol in Sacramento. We are dedicated to strengthening and reforming the civil rights and protections that state and federal laws guarantee, but unfortunately elude, California’s vulnerable and often abused elders and dependent adults. Please read more about who we are, how we achieve our goals, and what motivates us.
We unite, empower, and mobilize our members and network of associated members throughout the United States—family and friends of elder abuse victims, elder advocates, whistleblowers, conscientious nursing home insiders, and demoralized government staff—to ensure that California government’s broken and corrupted elder abuse prevention, reporting, and enforcement system is more open and transparent. We agree with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis that publicizing government misconduct to the bright light of day ensures a more open and transparent government, helps eradicate the scourge of public corruption, and greatly benefits society. As Justice Brandeis said in his article “What Publicity Can Do,” in Harper’s Weekly for December 20, 1913, “Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants; electric light the most efficient policeman.”
We also agree with U.S. President Woodrow Wilson, who said, “Government ought to be all outside and no inside. … Everybody knows that corruption thrives in secret places, and avoids public places, and we believe it a fair presumption that secrecy means impropriety.”
Please take a moment to look at our brand-new website to learn the disturbing secrets about:
- California licensing and regulatory agencies’ complicity in what U.S. Senator Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) has called a “seriously corrupted” and “broken” nursing home inspection and enforcement system.
- California law enforcement’s and prosecutors’ reluctance to earnestly investigate and prosecute criminal elder abuse, especially in wealthy, politically connected nursing homes.
- Many California probate court judges who fail to protect vulnerable elder abuse victims.
Then, you can read victim stories and the supporting documentation by friends, family, and advocates of elder abuse victims who have been further victimized by:
- Betrayal by California licensing and regulatory agencies, including the California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) Licensing and Certification Program, California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), and the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT). (Note: We are now preparing and uploading victim stories and supporting documentation related to California licensing and regulatory agencies. Thank you for your patience. In the meantime, you can now see many victim stories related to the betrayal by California probate court judges.)
- Betrayal by California law enforcement agencies and prosecutors, including local law enforcement, local district attorneys, and Attorney General Kamala Harris’ Bureau of Medi-Cal Fraud and Elder Abuse (BMFEA), which is part of her California Department of Justice (DOJ). (Note: We are now preparing and uploading victim stories and supporting documentation related to California law enforcement agencies and prosecutors. Thank you for your patience. In the meantime, you can now see many victim stories related to the betrayal by California probate court judges.)
- Betrayal by California probate court judges, including many biased, apathetic Los Angeles County Superior Court probate judges. (Note: You can already read many victim stories and supporting documentation related to California probate court judges. We will be uploading even more of these victim stories soon.)
Finally, whether you are an elder abuse victim’s family or friend, elder advocate, nursing home insider, health care professional, government whistleblower, demoralized law enforcement officer, or probate court employee, we urge you to send us (anonymously if you want) your own personal stories, supporting documentation, hot tips, inside information, and dirty little secrets. You can also send your information about corrupt California government officials to investigative news reporters and U.S. law enforcement agencies and prosecutors, including the U.S. Department of Justice’s Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Offices of the United States Attorneys. Your information and tips can make a big difference!
Thanks again for visiting our brand-new website and blog, sharing your information with us and the world, and helping make California government’s broken and corrupted elder abuse prevention, reporting, and enforcement system more open and transparent. Please return to our website soon to see shocking new information, primary source documents, photographs and video recordings of elder abuse, and new website features, including a public discussion forum and much more!
What do you think? Please share your thoughts below this article!
If you take a moment of your valuable time to leave a relevant, non-spam comment below, we will reward you by telling Google and other search engines to crawl and follow your outgoing hyperlink pointing to your website.